Watlow Firerod Cartridge Heaters
- The Watlow FIREROD® revolutionized the heating element industry in 1954 when it was patented as the first swaged cartridge heater. With premium materials and tight manufacturing controls, the FIREROD heater continues to provide superior heat transfer, uniform temperatures and resistance to oxidation and corrosion even at high temperatures. FIREROD offers many delivery programs to meet your needs: same day shipment, Ship-to-Stock or Just-in-Time. And our experience in customized engineering is reflected in over 250,000 FIREROD cartridge heater designs. Stock or Made-to-Order, the Watlow FIREROD delivers heat in a hurry.
- Part temperatures to 1400 F (870 C) on Incoloy® sheath
- Conductor pins metallurgically bonded to the resistance wire ensure trouble-free electrical continuity.
- Part temperatures to 1000 F (540 C) on optional stainless steel sheath
- Magnesium oxide insulation of specific grain and purity, swaged to the proper density, results in high dielectric strength and contributes to faster heat-up.
- Watt densities to 400 WIn2 (62 W/cm2)
- Incoloy sheath resists oxidation and corrosion from many chemicals, heat and atmospheres
- Nickel-chromium resistance wire, precisely wound and centered in the unit, assures even efficient distribution of heat to the sheath.
- Patented Lead Adaptor (LA) method allows same day shipment on more than 150,000 configurations of stock FIREROD heaters and lead combinations.